It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness!
Coconut Milk Egg Nog Recipe (from wellnessmama.com)
6 cups of coconut milk (about 3 cans)
6 egg yolks
1/4 cup (or more) spiced rum or brandy (optional)
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/4 cup honey or cane sugar or a few drops of stevia extract (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
How To Make (Easy Version)
1. Put all ingredients except alcohol in Vitamix or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
2. SLOWLY bring up to low heat in a medium saucepan, being careful not to let it boil. When it is warmed and barely starting to thicken, it is ready.
3. Chill in fridge for a few hours or overnight and whisk alcohol in just before serving.
How To Make (Traditional Way)
1. Heat coconut milk and vanilla until warm in medium saucepan.
2. Whisk or blend the egg yolks, sugar and spices in a blender.
3. Slowly add in about half of the coconut mixture to the egg yolks to warm it and then add the whole mixture back into the saucepan.
4. Bring up to low heat and whisk until barely starting to thicken.
5. Stir in rum or brandy and serve hot or cold.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 45 other followers
Blog at WordPress.com.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.